Monday, November 14, 2011

Weekend Review

This weekend I did 2 shows- one Saturday and another Sunday.  Saturday was at a church in Atco, NJ.  It was successful, but different than I expected.  I thought the booths were going to be 8x6ft, and I had sketched out a table setup to take advantage of the space.  I was so surprised that there was less than 4 feet between the back of my table and the table behind me!  The vendor that was supposed to be right behind me didn't show, so I wound up being able to take up some extra space.  Here's how I used it:

This small folding table had all the needed supplies for girls to design and string their own stretch bracelet!  It was a lot of fun, but only a few girls made one.
The rest of my table was kind of cramped because I had made more soda can earrings and the table was smaller than previous shows.  The crowd was slow in general, but the shoppers were there to buy.  I didn't do quite as well as the weekend before, and all the vendors were they didn't sell much either.


Sunday's show was at a Harvest Fest at Hidden Valley Ranch in Cape May.  It was great to meet some local vendors, including Amanda from Empanada Mamas, who gave me some great tips on finding venues to sell in Cape May.

I count the weekend as a success, both in actual sales, promoting my business, and meeting new people!

No comments:

Post a Comment