A few weeks ago I posted a couple of these pictures but didn't tell you what I was creating. Now I have pictures of the finished project and want to show you what I designed and created! (although you might have seen the finished product in the pictures from the craft shows!!) At my summer craft shows, I didn't have enough display space for my earrings and it was frustrating to pile them into plastic containers and sort/untangle them out on the spot while setting up my table. What I wanted was room for lots of earrings and a way to easily transport them all so that it took minutes to set up the display. This is what I came up with...
|I started with some mocha brown fabric. I liked the way it feels like linen and has some texture, but no pattern to take attention away from my earrings.|
|Lots and lots of pinning and pressing.|
|The sewing- my favorite part- was quick and easy.|
The finished piece! Complete with some upcycled soda can earrings.
My new earring displays are multiple rows of pockets. When I'm traveling to an event, I can put the earring cards into the pockets like this picture.
In my original design, I was going to attach the 2 displays with a hinge and then it would stand independently on the table-like a trifold posterboard with just two sides. My plans changed though when I tried to drill into the display- the drill spun and grabbed the fabric and twisted it up and it started to crawl up the drill bit. Not the greatest planning I've ever done. I wasn't going to be able to drill through the fabric and I didn't want to cut holes in it. There was waaay to much pinning and measuring and pressing to start over if it didn't work out! I'm happy with having 2 separate displays though because it gives me more flexibility with my booth display.