Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Yeah Graduation!!

I'm graduating!!!

Actually, the school is celebrating our graduation with a fake ceremony because we're not done school until August.  But that's just getting technical.

I'm graduating!!  The department is also having a luncheon for all of us and our families the day before graduation.  I made a new dress to wear and of course a new necklace!  When I was picking out the material for the dress, I wanted something plain so I could make a fantastic necklace.  I was thinking a solid teal or aqua but I saw this fabric and there was no other option.  I think the necklace is pretty great anyway!

 This fabric just called to me and I had to get it.  The pattern is very big and has many shades of raspberry and pink.  I chose a light pinky-peach bead to pick up on the lighter colors in the fabric, like the swirl in the bottom right corner of the second picture.
 Here is a close up of the necklace.

A close up of the toggle clasp.  I'm not usually into flowers, but this season I've used a lot of flowers in my designs.  I put the toggle on the side of the necklace- I'm also into asymmetry right now!
This isn't the greatest picture, I struggled to position the camera to get the whole necklace in the shot, but I think it gives you a pretty good idea of what I'll be wearing.

Congrats DPT Class 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment