Thursday, May 19, 2011

Polymer Clay

Yesterday, with the help of my brother (Hi Joe!!), I had a polymer clay extravaganza!  We cleared off the kitchen table, pulled out the pasta roller, and got to work.  I'm always amazed at how much you can make from a block of polymer clay.  We used a half block of 4 different colors (fuchsia, purple, yellow, and glow in the dark) and here is a sampling of our creations.

A collection of the colorful beads we made, pre-hole making and pre-finishing touches (they aren't exactly round!)
Poking a hole in a yellow rose

A tie-dye rose made from the extra from the beads
A collection of roses!  My brother made the fuchsia one in the middle, it's fantastic!


 I modeled the roses after the cinnabar beads in my red rose ring and I'm very happy with the results!




I'm not sure what to learn to make with polymer clay next.  Any suggestions??

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much! It was a lot of fun to experiment with color and see what would happen

    ReplyDelete