Friday, April 15, 2011

Hot pink & raspberry

In late February, my mom and I spent a wonderful afternoon in the bead store making a necklace out of hot pink, raspberry colored beads she picked out almost a year before.  After lots of deliberation, we finally settled on clear and black beads and made a very pretty necklace.  There were extra though, and Mom asked me to make another necklace with them.

This past weekend, Matt was out of town and I was full of inspiration from the bead show, so I decided to see what I could do with those beads.  The color is like a ripe bowl of freshly washed raspberries, but they are much bigger- more like a strawberry.  Between the bold color and large size, I was having trouble designing something that Mom would love to wear.
Aren't they beautiful??

After 2 hours I still just had a pile of beads, but after some experimenting, this is what I created.  I love how the chain balances out the bulk of the large beads and the flower adds some extra color.  There were still extra beads so I made Mom a sparkly bracelet to wear dancing and a replica necklace for myself.  I can't wait to wear it!

No comments:

Post a Comment